Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spookify a Picture Frame

Did you pick your favorite Halloween printable out of the 20 I showed you in yesterday's post yet?! Just in case you have and you're trying to find that perfect frame to put it in, STOP everything and go CHEAP! I never, ever buy a frame at full price. It's thrift stores all the way for me because spray paint can give new life...or OLD life in this instance :)...to any frame! (and if you have one just lying around your house not being used free is even better!)



I picked up a frame from DI for $1. Spray painted it with Rustoleum's chalkboard spray paint to give it a smooth matte look, and lightly sprayed a layer of Rustoleum's Heirloom white on top of the dried chalkboard paint. Once that had dried I went back and lightly sanded all over it to give it a worn, spooky look to match my spooky Halloween print. :)


Thanks to Ellie G. at Less Cake More Frosting for this fun print!


We had to lock that pretty red apple away under the cloche to make sure little hands don't eat the poison apple!! (my kids LOVE this :) )




I hope you find the perfect printable to match your decor! Thanks so much for stopping in for a little looksy-loo today, it means the world to me that you are here!! ALSO, as a participant in the American Crafter competition, Amy has been so kind to feature each of the contestants throughout the month of October. Today is my day for a little spotlight over on Naptime Crafters so stop by and say hello to Amy and I if you'd like!

Catch ya back here tomorrow for a new wreath tutorial!

2 comments:

Carmella said...

This is such a fun set up! I love that frame too...it turned out great, and I'm with you, I would never do a silly thing like pay full price for a frame..hehehe

Also...I was just reading at Naptime crafter (so excited for you and Jamie!!) that you live in Logan...I lived there for a few months when I was in AmeriCorp (it's like a domestic peacecorp) such a beautiful place! I grew up in Alabama so I had never seen mountains that big and beautiful before!

Anonymous said...

the frame is cute, but the whole apple setup is awesome!!